Quick confession: I’ve never been much of a resolutions person. I figure most people forget theirs right away anyway, so what’s the point really? But this year I want to do something different. Writing a blog is already new for me, so why not go crazy and write some resolutions, too? Besides, writing out what I want to accomplish and posting it here will help keep me accountable. I hereby give anyone reading this permission to kick my butt into accomplishing the goals listed here if necessary. 😉
My resolutions for 2015 are…
- Publish at least one blog post every week…regardless of how many views or followers I have. Get into the habit of writing! I want to become a better writer, and I’m hoping this blog will help.
- Be less flakey! I’ve backed out of a lot of social functions and other obligations over the years, guys. I almost never regret going out and being with people more! So I want to stop making excuses, and start being more social.
- Get into a yoga habit. Guys, I love yoga. It helps me wake up in the morning and fall asleep at night, and it helps with my flexibility and body aches. But I have totally stopped doing it. I just got a new fancy sticky mat with a carrier and blocks and everything, it’s time to start daily yoga again!
- Cardio 5x per week. This one will be more difficult. I really like running outside, but I have cold-triggered asthma so the temperature has to be juuuust right. My favorite time to jog outside is just around sunset in the summer. The rest of the year….I have to drag my butt to the gym. Not my favorite thing, but cardio does help me feel awake and less stressed. Bonus: I also drink a lot of water during cardio so it helps me start my day well-hydrated!
- Keep the sugar habit in check. The ladyfriend and I just dipped our toes into clean eating a little (read: we miserably failed at Whole30, HAH), and I’m actually really surprised how much better I feel. I tend to eat sweet foods almost mindlessly, I don’t even realize I’m eating. But afterwards I feel really gross. Keeping that in check will really help my body feel better.
- Cut down on dairy as much as possible! I am a lactose intolerant kid in denial. Most dairy, minus butter and yogurt, makes me feel like crap. Period. Unless it’s one of those or a little bit of cream in my coffee, I’m done with dairy.
I guess this can kind of be summed up into “Be good to yourself.” I need to be good to my body, my mental wellbeing, and my future skillset! These 6 resolutions are huge and will be hard to totally keep up with. I’ll probably slip at some point. But instead of giving up, I hope I’ll be able to get up, brush myself off, and keep going.
Is anyone else making New Year’s Resolutions? Share them with me in the comments!
Until next time,